Saturday, April 19, 2008

linux irc woes

After trying a bunch of terminal irc clients, i decided i wanted an irc client which with go as a task icon to prevent things getting into my way. The closest i got thru was with konversation. Then, RoadRunner my ISP seems to be frequent in having hung DNS, and kaput - konversation goes beserk.. finally i fall back on the legendary x-chat(2) - i need something for office environment, and i have been using icechat for it..(not to mention i hated the interface), anyway.. saw this: http://www.silverex.org/news/ x-chat2 Windows.. gotta try it.. now i need to get rid of akregator for RSS.. it is all nice and neat.. but i hate having my rss feeds of one feed end up in another..

Now, why the hell did I not go with x-chat long back?? darn!! I now have tons of plugins also including ones which use festival to call out the message to me when my nick is called.. anyways.. I usually hang out in these irc channels:
irc://irc.freenode.net/#OL - Omap Linux
irc://irc.freenode.net/#mtd - Memory technology devices
irc://irc.freenode.net/#u-boot - U-Boot
irc://irc.freenode.net/#linux-sensors - LM-Sensors channel
irc://irc.freenode.net/#beagle - The tiny beagle site..

No comments: